The Sunshine Coast Regional School Sport Office, together with Nambour District School Sport, continues to offer a representative pathway for our students to attend Nambour District, Sunshine Coast Regional, Qld State and National/Australian school sport trials/championships.
Students aged 10-12 years (predominantly in Years 5 and 6) are able to trial for Nambour District Sporting teams and some of our Yandina students have successfully represented Nambour District in one or more representative sports.
The District representative teams are selected from children from the 16+ schools in our Nambour District School Sport community. If selected in the District Team, students will then attend the Sunshine Coast Regional Trials.
· For District Swimming, Cross Country and Athletics
o all students will be informed via a selection note following each of their school and District carnivals.
o Selection in all teams is based on set qualifying standards being met and begins a pathway to regional, state and national selection. First place does not necessarily mean automatic selection.
o All fee payments are made directly to the school account. Please Note: There will be no swimming pool entry fee for parents, as the only parents entering are the ones nominated as officials.
· For the various individual and team sports, District trials will take place after school at various venues around the local area. Regional trials will occur later in the year during school time at various venues throughout the Sunshine Coast region.
· Specific sports (listed on the Sunshine Coast School Sport Representative Sport website as Direct-to- Region) allow students to attend the Regional trial directly from school without having to be selected in a District team first.
CALENDARS, REGISTRATION, and PAYMENTS
Students and parents are responsible for checking the Sunshine Coast School Sport website for the most up-to-date information regarding dates for trials, submitting nominations and ensuring payments are made to compete at District, Regional, State and National Trials.
For all Nambour District and SC Regional representative sports, fees will be paid through the online process. Please note, this is a parent responsibility. Payments must be paid prior to the Regional trial. No cash payments will be accepted at the regional trial
An online registration and payment process is available to assist parents and students in organising themselves for upcoming trial dates, which streamlines paperwork for your child and yourself. The following steps have been provided to guide you.
1. click on the following link to view the Sunshine Coast Representative Trials Calendar and the most up-to-date information: https://sunshinesport.eq.edu.au/ .
2. click on the Nambour District tab and find your District trial notice by selecting the appropriate sport from the alphabetically grouped sports and then select your age group.
o The following direct link to Nambour District Sport may also be useful: https://sunshinesport.eq.edu.au/district-sport/our-districts/nambour-district
3. Click on the Regional Sport tab and find your Regional trial notice by selecting the appropriate sport from the alphabetically grouped sports and then select your age group.
4. Download the specific trial notice you require which outlines the details of the trial
5. Alternatively, students wishing to trial may collect a trial note from the school PE teacher.
6. Finally, check the trial notice for the specific requirements of your chosen sport and ensure you follow all instructions. This must be done well in advance of the trial date to enable forms to be completed and signed by school delegates and taken to the relevant trial.
7. NO SIGNED PERMISSION FORM &/OR NO ONLINE PAYMENT = NO PARTICIPATION AT THE REGIONAL TRIAL
8. Apparel Orders and payment for district and regional team members are also to be made online.
Parents/students need to be aware of the processes outlined above. It is a parent/student responsibility to register online and complete the required payments etc. before attending a district or regional trial.
Please also be aware of the following:
· The District and Direct to Region Trials are not just “come and try” participation sessions. Therefore, students intending to trial should have sufficient skill and fitness levels in their chosen sport.
· Age groups are based on the age the student is turning in the current calendar year; not their age at the time of the trials.
· Students must make their own way to& from all trials. Transport is not provided.
· Students who attend regional trials without permission or proof of payment will be asked to return to their school as no supervision is available for students who are not involved in the trials.
· Trial information is dependent on a number of factors (for example weather, availability of venues and coaches) and are therefore subject to change throughout the year. Please ensure you check in regularly, before and after registration, to avoid disappointment.